Sunday, February 5, 2017

Our last visitors of 2016 and more gifts

You guys, we love having visitors. Our door is a revolving door of people coming in and out :).

My friend C and my friend Melissa both visited during the holiday season. Since they both live out of town, every time they come to town we make time to hang out with them. It's been our little holiday tradition. I combined our visits in a blogpost in 2014 so it makes sense to combine this post too :). 

C lives in Indiana, remember when we visited them in Indianapolis way back in the day. Every time she comes home we make it a point to hang out. Last year was an epic hang out that I blogged in this post in 2016.  C has 3 kids who are the same age as my first 3 :). She was afraid to get close to me when I got pregnant with Emilia because the joke is that we keep getting pregnant around the same time. We had so much fun hanging out with C and her kids when they were here.

C and I chilling with our daughters. She has 2 boys and a girl while I have 3 boys and a girl. The best part is that the girls are the youngest :)
My mom and C with the girls
I love this picture of the big kids playing together
And of course I did a group picture. We sure have a lot of kids between us :)
A few days later we all met up at C's parents house and hung out with the kids and my other BFF L and her kids. It's always so chaotic when we all meet. We have 10 kids between us and they are all 6 and under. We sure have been busy the last 6 years.

Love this pic of hubby and baby girl
Hubby helping Tman
Jbird offering hubby some tea :)
 How adorable is Emilia here with C's husband
C, L and myself with our baby girls. I am so glad to be part of the girl mom club
We of course got a group picture with all the kids. We've know each other for more than 15 years and have sure grown over the years
My friend Melissa also came to visit during the holiday season. Every time she is in town visiting her family, we get to see her like this visit in 2013. When she lived in Philly we used to drive to see her when the weather was nice 2012 and 2013 then she moved to Texas and it's almost impossible to visit often. I miss having her close.

We really enjoyed our Melissa when she was here
She brought the boys gifts and they loved opening them

Melissa hanging out with the kid, are you loving Emilia's happy smile or what :)

Tummy time is a team sport :)
Baby loving over here, Emilia is one lucky lady
Tman and Jbird doing their puzzle like big boys that they are

We also got to open a few presents we got from family in England and the boys really enjoyed that. We stagger the gift opening so that we don't overwhelm them
Look at all the English goodies
The boys favorite was the boxes of cadburry chocolate. Hubby used to love getting these as a kid and we are so happy that his family is keeping the tradition going with our kids.
The holiday season is always so awesome. We especially love hanging out with our friends that we don't get to see often anymore. We are thankful for friends that are just like family. We love our visitors.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you and your girlfriends get together often! It's so nice that you all are having your kiddos grow knowing each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. It really is a lot of fun when you have someone else who can relate. You guys are definitely social butterflies! And yes, the holiday season is always awesome because we get to spend more time with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete