Sunday, November 13, 2016

Emilia is 4 months and the end of my last ever maternity leave

My baby girl is 4 months you guys and she slept 7.5 uninterrupted hours for the first time on election night. She is my first baby to sleep through the night (ish) this early on. To say that I was on cloud nine is an understatement. The only thing is that I didn't take advantage of that great night sleep at all, I stayed up watching the election results thinking she would eventually wake up. Luckily for me, the next day she did it again and this time I slept with her and enjoyed my first 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep since she arrived 4 months ago. I am a new woman you guys :).

Baby girl is such a happy baby. She started smiling and giggling just because I look at her or make crazy sounds :). It's the cutest thing. She is such an awesome baby and we are so happy that she is growing on target

Look at my beautiful happy girl smiling away, I love her so much
I made this adorable video of her. Every time she saw the camera, she stopped smiling :). She is just the cutest most adorable (totally biased) baby girl
Her face is all cheeks and I love it. She was a whopping 15lbs 12oz at her 4-month appointment and I am not surprised at all because this girl doesn't miss a meal. She is still exclusively breastfeeding and doing amazing. We are 4 months down with only 8 months to go, wooop wooop.


Baby girl is constantly trying to sit up by herself. She can sit up supported for a few minutes before falling over. Once I bring her back up she tries again and again. She always wants to be up so that she can see the world and she is holding her head perfectly now. Don't mind the bows


Baby girl really knows me now and she has become so attached. She wants me to hold her all the time (and I must say I love it). She makes the most adorable faces all the time. She is just a perfect little butterball  with rolls everywhere. She is such a calm baby too just like my second boy was. We hope she stays calm (ish) :).

Her brothers are still so infatuated with her and that makes me so happy. They all want to protect her and cater to her, she is one lucky girl. The minute I put Emilia down the boys just flock to her, it's the cutest thing I tell you

My baby is 4 months you guys, where did time go. We are so happy that she is growing into a happy and easy baby (knock on wood). We had the best routine going and I am sure it will all change when I return to work full time next week. This maternity leave flew by, it's almost like I blinked and 4.5 months went pouf. I am fortunate that I was able to take all that time off to be at home with my baby but it's going to be so hard leaving her everyday.

I mean look at this sweet face
It's going to be a tough return with all the drop offs, pick ups, activities and just life things. I am so not ready for my last ever maternity leave to end but alas all good things must come to an end. 4 kids is a lot of work you guys. We are happy that we have these awesome and amazing kids but man we are so overwhelmed with things to do, it's insane.

Happy 4 months to our baby girl, it has been an amazing 4 months spending every waking minute with her and watching her grown healthy and strong. We are ready for the chaos that is coming our way with my return to work full time but our hearts are so full because this baby girl joined our family 4 months ago. We love you to the moon and back baby girl.

4 comments:

  1. She's adorable! I know you re not looking forward to leaving Emilia. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4 months Emilia! Mom and dad, you're both doing GREAT!!! Keep it up.

    The US needs longer maternity leave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4 months! You guys are doing amazing! It has been a blessing to watch your family grow like this :)

    ReplyDelete