Sunday, June 7, 2015

You can call him "Docta"

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments about my cousin Danie. We take comfort in the fact that she is not suffering anymore.

3 days before this sad event happened, we were in celebration mode for my baby brother J who graduated from Pharmacy school. He made me so proud and I am so happy that Danie got to see him complete this amazing feat before she left us. This is the kid that didn't want to go to College you guys, he just wanted to get a job right out of high school and call it the day. It took him a while to get his act together but he did. After years of trimming and working hard, he finally completed his degree. You can now call him Docta ;).

Introducing our very own and first Doctor in Pharmacy :)
J's school is a few hours away from where we live and in our true fashion the whole family made the trip. We woke up super early and hit the road. My father even made the trip from Cameroon so that he could be there to celebrate this monumental event.

While the graduation was ongoing, the kids were being restless so I took them outside so that the grown ups could actually enjoy the ceremony.


Unlike his brothers, Jbird took a nice nap during the ceremony
After the ceremony, we all waited for J to come out and of course took a million pictures while we were outside. Then J joined us with his cap and gown :).
J with our father who traveled from Cameroon to be there for his son
 We got someone to get a picture of all of us that were there to celebrate with J
 My dad with his sons
 The siblings with our dad
 The siblings with our mom
 My mom side of the family with my cousin C and my grandma
 J with our brother H's family, how cute is my niece here
 J with our mom
 J with grandma
J with our cousin C
 Me and my baby brother, Jbird got in the picture somehow
 Our little family with the newest graduate
Probably my favorite picture of the bunch, check out Tman mimicking his uncle J. I am so happy that my sons have such great role models in their lives.
After the photoshoot we went to a local restaurant where we enjoyed a nice lunch before going home.

Tman and J making silly faces
You would think that we would be tired after such a long day but no, not this family. We took a great afternoon nap then my mom and I took the boys to a local carnival. We promised Tman we would take him there for weeks so we had to deliver on our promise especially since the next 3 weekends were booked with activities.

At the carnival with my crew
What a great day it was, celebrating our newest graduate. We are all so proud of J. We celebrated his success with a party the following week.

4 comments:

  1. Dag girl, you stay busy! Congratulations to your brother! That's quite an achievement!
    You totally got your smile from your dad! Beautiful :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dag girl, you stay busy! Congratulations to your brother! That's quite an achievement!
    You totally got your smile from your dad! Beautiful :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, HUGE congrats! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! Congrats to your brother!!

    ReplyDelete