Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Weekend fun - welcoming sunshine

Thanks a lot you guys on your sweet comments on our traveling schedule. We love to travel and we've vouch to not let having kids stop us. So far so good, not sure how easy it will be when we have 3 or 4 kids (I know this might seem a lot to some but I am African and popping a lot of babies comes with the territory)

I digress. We had a pretty chilled weekend which was much needed after the past busy weekend. On Saturday we hung out with some friends and enjoyed the beautiful weather while grilling outside. My hubby and the boys inside the house before we went outside for some fun under the sun. Check out my Jbird cruising all over the place
Me and my boys hanging out outside
We had a great afternoon hanging out with our friends and grilling. My boys were pooped and slept like babies. I mean check out my Jbird passed out drinking his milk on the couch. Classy
The next day we cleaned the deck. Now that it's consistently sunny, we can take advantage of it plus we want to start grilling now too.

Hubby cleaning the deck while Jbird watched fascinated
Tman was eating his breakfast while watching us work
Hours later, the deck was all cleaned up and the grill was fired up
We made burgers and hot dogs for our first grilling of the season
Tman was passed out after we ate and my poor hubby was pretty tired too. I love this pic of Tman sleeping on hubby.
My mom and grandma came over in the afternoon to hang out with us as they do every Sunday. I love that we live close enough that we can do that. It's going to be hard to leave the area one day (we would love to go back overseas, not anytime soon but maybe 5+ years down the road).

This is my new favorite pic of Jbird with his great grandma, they are both smiling ear to ear. Love these two
My mom hanging out with Tman, he had just woken up from his nap so he has a bit of a confused look here
Speaking of my first born, he is getting so big everyday. I can't believe he will be 3 next month. INSANE people, crazy good and amazingly insane.
Later in the evening I was playing with my Jbird. He has the best laugh and just giggles all the time. He loves to be tickled and I love to indulge. I mean look at that happy face
Of course Tman always joins in on the fun. I just love the interaction between my boys, this picture says it all. Jbird just lights up the minute his brother is around and Tman loves hanging out with his brother.
We had a low key weekend with lots of relaxing. Another great weekend was had by all. Hope you guys had a great weekend too.

5 comments:

  1. I adore your family!

    You cracked me up with the I'm African comment! I am too, what's my excuse?! ;)

    Your boys are the absolute cutest. I love this season just for being able to grill outside. It's the best!

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Faith.

      Not all Africans want to populate the universe ;)

      Delete
  2. looks like a relaxing weekend...the food looked so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want 3 or 4 (or 5) lol kids too. I'm jamacian (well technically jamacian-canafian) but I don't know if that's the reason why ;) there's something so joyous (and yes chaotic) about a house full of kids.

    I love relaxing weekends and bbq'd anything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like you, I want a house full of kiddos running around. Maybe it's just us :)

      Delete