Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weekend fun - the Memorial Day edition

Happy Memorial day. Hope you all had a great time celebrating. I love 3-day weekends because I get to spend more time with my kids. This holiday weekend was a great success.

The weekend started off really well because I got my new point and shoot camera and I couldn't be happier. Since I was getting a new camera anyway, I went for a waterproof, shockproof, hopefully won't break anytime soon camera. The bonus with this camera is that I will now be able to take water water pictures when we go to the beach. Score. Check out my new baby :)
On Friday my mom watched the kids and we indulged in some grown up fun. We went out with some friends to a local beer garden, fun fun. Here we are ready to take on the night
On Saturday I took Jbird to a baby shower while my hubby took Tman to a baseball game (divide and conquer I tell you). I didn't take any pictures at the shower because they had a professional photographer there and I had the baby but can you believe that my hubby did not take any pictures of my Tman at the game. I guess it makes sense since he doesn't like to take pictures but come on hubby, get on with the program. At least they had fun.

On Sunday we were booked solid with a pool party and a birthday party. Our friends have this beautiful house with a dreamy backyard, pool, fish pond, and all that jazz. It was good times.

My hubby hanging out with Tman by the pond
They moved to the pool area

I was chilling on the sidelines with my Jbird. Look how serious my boy looks, he clearly was not impressed :)
There was some pretend fishing :). Way to keep our Tman busy
At some point hubby and I switched, he took the baby and I got Tman

We went back to the pond but Tman did not want to stay there; all he wanted to do was play with the dogs
Here he is chasing the dogs
We did get a family picture before leaving, the boys aren't looking but I still love it
The pool party was followed by a birthday party. My bestie was celebrating her son's 3rd birthday
Last year we were pregnant with these sweet faces and this year they are lighting up our lives. Our littlest ones, 9 and 10 months old. Life is good
 The birthday boy wanted to join in on the fun :)
We had such a great day hanging out by the pool then celebrating a birthday. We were so tired by the end of the day but it was all worth it. We slept in the next day and totally enjoyed the day off. Thank goodness for 3-day weekend.

Monday was spent cleaning and finally getting the house in order. It was a complete mess since we came back from Europe. Memorial day weekend was awesome. We all feel rested and happy. Hope you had a great memorial day celebration.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome weekend! Yay for new cameras!! I love the pool pics! I know you are still in trip recovery mode :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New camera- so fun! I love that photo of you two. Definitely a framer! Glad you had such a great Memorial Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome weekend. You are Mrs. Social over there. I don't know where you get the energy from but KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! Yay for new cameras!

    Your pictures look great too!

    ReplyDelete