Thursday, October 25, 2012

Getting ready to go back to work

Real life is about to kick in. I am getting ready to go back to work full time. It's bittersweet of course because I actually enjoy working as well as spending time with my kids. My middle ground is going to be to spend most of my time off enjoying the kids until I feel that we have a great routine going at which point I will be able to hang out with other people. Basically, the next few months are going to be me just chilling with hubby and the kids on our days off :).

We have lots going on this weekend, we truly are back to our busy ways. On Friday we have a Halloween party. I am so excited, we have costumes for everyone and this is going to be Tman's first Halloween where he knows what is happening. On Saturday we have our photoshoot, we'll do our Christmas pictures and lots of pictures of the boys. We did the professional photographer for Tman's first photoshoot and I think it's only fair to do the same for Jbird. On Sunday we are hanging out with hubby's friend who is visiting from England.

In preparation for the photoshoot, I bought some matching outfit for the boys. I like the festive colors
I took a few pics of Jbird with his outfit to make sure it fits
But also because I hope to recreate this picture of Tman from 2 years ago
Tman actually picked the theme of our Halloween costumes this year and I love it. This means that Jbird will not be a pumpkin. I still took pictures of him in the pumpkin outfit like I did with Tman 2 years ago. Check out my newest pumpkin

Here is Tman 2 years ago wearing the same outfit
In preparation for my return to work, I built up a milk supply. I have enough milk stored to feed the baby for a least 2 weeks
I also experimented some more with flexi rods as I hope to style my hair this way often for work. I got it down to 10 minutes of preparation at night and literally 5 minutes of styling in the morning. It's so easy and I definitely love the results.
The finished product

I think I am ready (as much as I can be) to go back to work full time. I have thoroughly enjoyed my last 12 weeks as a stay at home mom. Now let's go back to reality. I do look forward to our busy weekend and of course our new routine.

5 comments:

  1. The outfits are so cute! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
    We still need to get together before you go back to work. Will email you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going back to work is always a difficult transition. But I think it's easier the 2nd time around. Your hair routine is amazing. You will need something quick in the morning now that you have 2 kids to get ready and the flexi rods seems to be doing a great job. Hope your transition goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfits are so cute. Hope the photo shoot goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg Jbird looks exactly like Tman!! Too cute! I know it's bittersweet about going back to work...im so not looking forward to it. I need to start up my milk supply!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pics! tooooooo adorable!! Its not an easy transition to go back to work, trust me I know. It will be hard at first but you will be back in the swing of things before you know it. Those outfits are too cute, did you get them from children's place?

    ReplyDelete